Friday, March 2, 2018

8 Time All-Star

I believe my knowledge of random facts might come from watching "too much" baseball. They have a statistic or random fact for everything that happens, and I secretly love it. Last July in MLB's All-Star Game, Yadier Molina hit a home run making him the oldest catcher, 34, to ever to homer in an All-Star Game. The announcers quickly stated the fact and continued by saying his birthday was 2 days away.

I immediately picked up my phone to text my sister and brother-in-law, who were expecting their first child on July 20th. I let them know that if Winchester (he didn't have a name yet, so my dad nicknamed him) wanted to come July 13th he could share a birthday with Yadi. We made all made a few comments and jokes and went on watching the game.

Inside his daddy's
old ball glove.
The morning of July 13th I was  headed to Kansas City for a girls day  trip. While driving I got a call from  my sister. She had a check-up that morning and her doctor decided to induce her. WHAT?! Could Winchester actually come on Yadi's birthday? Since I live 3 hours away, Jess made sure I was the first to know. However, knowing delivery was probably still several hours away, I went forward with my Kansas City plans. I made it to Jefferson City that night still with a couple hours to spare.

Before he was born, my nephew was a smart kid, already listening to his Aunt Cait. I asked him to come on Yadi's birthday, and he delivered. Ezekiel Joseph Schetzler, came into the world and stole my heart on 13 July 2017. I've already taught him a thing, or twenty, about the Cardinals. I look forward to the day he's old enough to actually listen, but until then I'll continue enjoying his warm snuggles.

If this doesn't make someone smile, nothing will.




3 comments:

  1. I'm getting a nephew this summer as well! Due in June! I can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him! You have heard of The Secret, right?! Everything you think becomes a reality!!! It is a big deal to be born on Yadi's birthday. Your nephew is now a big deal too!! He is precious!

    ReplyDelete