Sunday, March 25, 2018

It's Coming

Today was busy. Hence the late blog post. Church, family lunch, a few extra hugs and kisses for my nephew, packing, telling my dogs goodbye, and driving 3 hours back to Webb City.

Tomorrow it's back to school we go from a delightful Spring Break that I'm still in denial about being almost over. I love teaching, I love my students, but I love Spring Break and always hate to see it end.

However, this year, this week following Spring Break provides a light at the end of a cold, dark, winter tunnel. No longer will I be sitting and staring out the window waiting for winter to end.

Thursday is coming. Thursday at noon, 12:10 to be exact, the cold, dark winter, becomes a bright and glorious spring day. One I've been anticipating since last October.

Thursday is when the quiet winter turns into bats cracking, balls whizzing, and crowds applauding. The dark winter nights become stadium lights. The frigid air slowly changes into a slight breeze with warm air on its way. A sea of red will make its way into Citi Field. Cardinal hopefuls will look ahead anticipating games going to late October this year.

Baseball. St. Louis Cardinals baseball. It's coming. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment