Saturday, March 24, 2018

They Want You to Take the Rolls

“How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” ~Winnie the Pooh

A response to my friend who posted this “ugly cry in the airport terminal” kind of tribute after I left Boise yesterday.

Sure am thankful for this friend!
I’m equally as thankful for her. 

Thankful that some nursery workers sat us down beside each other to play.
Thankful for a double-head knot after she bumped her head in the corner of the room at Sunday School and me losing a tooth in vanilla soft serve after a Sunday night church field trip to the CreeMee. 

Thankful for years of being invited to each others birthdays.
Especially thankful for her on my 21st birthday. States apart, she sat with me on the phone crying after my Granny passed away. Then we told stories so I ended my birthday in tears of laughter not just sorrow. 

Thankful that church camp provided us so many uninterrupted hours of friendship.
Thankful that she was the sole reason I got over being homesick going to church camp. 

Thankful that she tried out for cheerleading because it made me try it too.
Thankful that she believed in me when no one else did, and when I didn’t even believe in myself. 

Thankful for years of cramming six people into her family’s sedan so I could have a ride to church.
Thankful she didn’t mind pouring out of the sedan looking like a clown car. Thankful she was there during first difficult transition of my life. Thankful for the numerous church pew shaking giggles we shared when choking on communion. 

Thankful she suggested I look at Christian colleges even if it wasn’t hers.
Thankful God answered this prayer when I thought it might not happen. 

Thankful she stood beside me when I married the love of my life.
Thankful she found a man who loves her like she deserves to be loved and is the Topanga to our Cory and Shawn friendship. They want you to take the cookies!

Thankful for four years of spring breaks spent in four different homes.
Thankful for the new adventures each spring brings. 

Thankful that after Bart and myself she was the first person to hold my daughter.
Thankful isn’t adequate enough to express how much that moment meant to me. 

Thankful that I get to watch Ainsley learn how great it is to be loved by this friend.
Thankful that Ainsley’s mom has loved me and stuck by my side during every phase of life.

#AuntCait #ActualBFF
#AuntieEmAuntieEm #CoryandShawn

1 comment: