Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Hello, my name is Caitlin, and I love coffee. To be honest, it could be considered an addiction. I can't remember the last day I went without drinking a cup, or two, maybe three, sometimes four... never, no never five, that would be insane.

The show Gilmore Girls perfectly depicts my affection for coffee. Rory, and even more so her mom, Lorelai, thrive off of coffee. I don't think they ever go an entire episode without drinking a hot cup of joe. The opening scene in the pilot episode revolves around Lorelai begging the diner owner, Luke, for another cup.

Lorelai: Please, Luke. Please, please, please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus...
Lorelai: Five, but yours is better.
Luke: You have a problem.
Lorelai: Yes, I do.

At least as a coffee lover, I admit to my addiction, right? I think if I drank it for the caffeine rush, or drank a splash of coffee with a cup of creamer, I would think about cutting back, but that's not the case. I love the dark, black, bitter taste of a steaming cup first thing when I wake up, for a mid-morning pick-me-up, an afternoon jolt, or a late night stimulant. I enjoy drinking it alone or sharing a French press with good friends. Please, please, please, just don't ask me to live my life without my glorious coffee.

I'll leave you with life lessons you need to know about coffee lovers, taught by the Gilmore girls:

When someone says, "coffee coffee coffee," they don't literally want 3 cups of coffee.


 Even if the coffee tastes terrible, a true coffee fanatic, suffers through the unpleasantry...


...because not drinking the coffee, is not an option...


...and will result in sitting on a psychologists couch in tears. 


Finally, desperate times do indeed call for desperate measures.




1 comment: