Friday, March 31, 2017

Tetelestai

It is finally March 31st. I did it. We did it. The Slice of Life is finished.

When I began blogging on March 1st I was nervous. I like to keep my thoughts as my own, private thoughts. I still do. However, I feel a sense of accomplishment. I succeeded in blogging everyday for a month. I wish I could say I was excited every time I sat down to write, but like I wrote in my first blog, I gained perspective on how my students feel when I ask them to write and their minds are blank. For a month, I shifted uncomfortably in my chair, stared at a computer screen (iPad or iPhone during Spring Break), and wished I had a pencil to be twirling around my fingers.

Sometimes my thoughts flowed freely, other times, especially once Spring Break started, I wanted to be doing anything but writing. Although I must admit, this March a lot happened, both joyous occasions and times of sorrow, and now I have all of those moments in writing to look back on in the future. But I have to say I am glad it is finished. I'm looking forward to a little more sleep. I'm looking forward to what the last 8 weeks of school will hold. I'm REALLY looking forward to MLB, more importantly the St. Louis Cardinals Opening Day, on Sunday. I'm looking forward to summer. I'm also looking forward to the Cardinals having Yadier Molina for at least the next 3 years (late last night they announced he signed an extension!).

For now though I will rejoice in being done. Tetelestai! It's the Greek word Jesus uses while on the cross, translating into English as, "it is finished!" In Bible college, we often used it when we completed big papers, ranging anywhere from 10-60 pages. Jesus meant it much deeper in the sense our sins are "paid in full." While I'm way more thankful for how Jesus meant it, and the hope it gives us, I'm going to go back to my Ozark days because I am excited to be finished. Until next year.

Tetelestai!

1 comment:

  1. Yea for finishing! Congrats on your first Slice of Life! I enjoyed reading your writing and getting to know you better. I hope you continue next year!!

    ReplyDelete