Wednesday, March 22, 2017

One Day

This morning before going back to the hospital to see Emily, Bart, and little Ainsley, I stopped back at the Starbucks I went to yesterday while waiting. When I first walked inside I instantly smiled and my heart was happy. While I stood in line waiting for my Americano, I continued observing the coffee shop. The location of the hospital is in the middle of a retirement suburb of Phoenix. So naturally in the early morning hours the "old" people fill up Starbucks. There had to have been 20-30 of them both inside and outside on the patio. My favorite was a group of women and men, they had pushed 3 tables together and were talking loudly and cackling amongst themselves. Another couple walked in, talked to the large group, and debated where to make their final nesting ground. Ultimately they decided to pull yet another table to the group and join their friends. And yes, the following is indeed a creeper pic I took of the group. 

Yes. I took a creeper pic of the group.
All the while, I watched in envy. I decided that one day when I retire, I want to spend the winter on into spring training in Florida with all my friends. When I wake up, I want to go to a coffee shop where everybody knows us and chat and cackle the morning away. After our coffee is sipped, we will go to St. Louis Cardinals spring training games at Roger Dean Stadium. We will enjoy America's favorite pastime and prove the critics wrong; baseball hasn't become too slow paced for the Millennial generation. Maybe I'll finally learn to golf upon retirement, because based on the golf courses that surround each out looking direction of the hospital, that's the thing to do when you retire. 

One day I'll enjoy not keeping to any set schedule every waking moment. However, right now that's not possible, I have schedules to uphold, blogs to write, lessons to plan, kids to teach and love, I have a job to fulfill so I can make it to retirement. For the next couple days, I'll savor the Ainsley snuggles, chats with Bart and Emily, and watch in envy as the retirement crew continues to meet at the Starbucks I've made my coffee stop for the week. But one day I'll be like them. One day.


 In case you missed yesterday's blog, meet Ainsley Ida Shaw. 
In case you missed yesterday's blog. Meet Ainsley Ida Shaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment