Friday, March 15, 2019

As the Need Arises

Earlier this week when I was struggling with writer's block, I asked my friend what 10 things people should know about me. By the time she responded, I had come up with something to write, so I saved her list for when I needed it. The need has arose, so here it is. Some things are "well, duh!" moments, others are less commonly known facts.

1. I was very involved in FFA in high school.
Thanks to my older sister, I got involved right off the bat my freshman year. I earned the highest honor a freshman FFA member can earn, Star Greenhand. It's given to the top 1st year member. I was completely shocked when my name was called at banquet. There were several other students in my class who were much more agriculturally involved, so it's always been an extra special award to me.

2. I have 2 college degrees.
I earned an Advanced Associates in Bible and Education from Ozark Christian College and a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education - Math from Missouri Southern. Three of my college years were spent going to both schools.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Caitlin Bever
 Image may contain: 5 people, including Caitlin Bever, Kelly Brueggemann and Emma Murphy

3. Apparently, I eat weird foods. *Insert eye roll* I'm not sure if she meant because I have eaten horse and I love sushi. Or if she meant the foods I choose on a daily basis are weird. I'll let her clarify.

4. I did gymnastics.
I did gymnastics for 6 months in Kindergarten. Then picked it back up in 3rd grade and continued on until I graduated high school. I can still do a back handspring. 

5. CARDINALS
I thought that one should be written word-for-word how she sent it. Brianna, myself, her husband, her brother-in-law, and her husband's best friend have an ongoing text group in which we have nicknamed ourselves the Council of GM's. (GM = General Manager). We believe we would make a fantastic council of GM's for the St. Louis Cardinals. We're all very passionate about baseball.

Due to lack of time, needing to pack, and future travel Brianna's 6-10 will be posted throughout the next week. Some of them also take more than just a quick little blurb, so I'll make short and sweet posts versus long and tedious readings. I'm sure you will be waiting in eager anticipation!

2 comments:

  1. Currently waiting with eager anticipation for 6-10. The suspense is. killing. me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anticipation...there is a song from the 70s titled that...I'll just change a few of the words in the lyrics to fit a reply to this entry to your blog:

    We can never know about the days to come
    But we think about them anyway
    And I'm eagerly awaiting the 6-10
    I'll try keeping my impatience at bay.
    Anticipation, anticipation
    Is makin' me wait
    Is keepin' me waitin', but at any rate...

    ReplyDelete