Monday, March 11, 2019

Your Enthusiasm Shocks Me

Image may contain: 2 people, including Caitlin Bever, people smiling, people standing, ocean, sky, outdoor, water and natureOy with the poodles already.

One of my favorite TV shows, the first show I truly binge watched, the most re-watched show on my Netflix, is Gilmore Girls. I love the fast-paced, witty dialogue between Rory and Lorelai. No matter how many times I watch the series, it still makes me laugh and manages to give me all the feels. If you ever hear me say a random phrase, chances are I am quoting Gilmore Girls.

Last summer, my best friend and her husband were going to Boston for a "babymoon" and asked me to join. (I have really great friends!) Boston was our home for the week, but we traveled the East Coast during the day. Brianna, the one who got me hooked on Gilmore Girls, had added to our agenda the town that inspired Amy Sherman-Palladino to write Gilmore Girls.

Most of the day was spent in the car driving from Boston to New Haven to Washington Depot, CT and back to Boston. It might not sound like an exciting day to people who don't love the show, but we were like giddy school girls.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Caitlin Bever, people smilingOur first stop was New Haven. We wandered around the streets of the Yale campus. We found Handsome Dan, the Yale bulldog, saw a picture of The Whiffenpoofs, and walked through two libraries. I now understand why Rory gets overly enthusiastic when describing the libraries of Yale. Because, whoa... They have a copy of The Gutenberg Bible!

Next we made our way to Washington Depot. The town of Washington Depot is small. It's a one stretch road out in the middle of nowhere. There's a grocery store much like Doose's Market. There were very few restaurants, but G.W. Tavern was perfect. It wasn't like Luke's Diner, but we did have coffee, and there was a gazebo out back, so it tickled our fancy.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Caitlin Bever, people smiling, people sitting, drink and indoor
I need coffee in an IV.
Jory circled us around the town a couple times, so we could find the Mayflower Inn. We drove into the parking lot and right back out. WOWZA! I'm still scared to look at how much it would cost to stay there. I highly doubt Lorelai's Dragonfly Inn cost as much as that place.

Brianna and I frequently talk at each other like Rory and Lorelai, so our verbiage that day was extra on point. Jory is the epitome of Luke without the flannel and backwards baseball cap. Also like Luke, he loves Brianna enough to spend an entire day of vacation driving her and her best friend around a non-tourist town simply because they love a TV show.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Caitlin Bever, people smiling, plant and outdoorI've seen pictures of people touring the old set of Gilmore Girls at Warner Brother's Studios, however, I prefer our adventure around Connecticut. Fitting to the show, it was spontaneous and a little unorthodox. It was quite an in omnia paratus kind of day.

Copper Boom.

1 comment:

  1. I have watched a few episodes of the Gillmore Girls with my niece. I loved the show, but have never binge-watched it from start to finish. I will have to place it on my list! As for going to places where shows or movies were filmed or set, I'm like a giddy school girl as well. There is just something about being in the same spot as some of your favorite actors or actresses and finding the places or landmarks they filmed a special part of the show in or around. Thanks for sharing, I need to go back to Nashville...I loved Nashville and have binge-watched it twice!!

    ReplyDelete