Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Some Netflix, but Still No Chill

The requirements for my 5-1 list of favorite shows are similar to 10-6. However, 5 is an exception, I had to use Netflix for the first season. Also, most of these 5 required some use of internet in some capacity!

5. Riverdale -- During the summer, and any breaks from school, my guilty pleasure is to wake up watching Live with Kelly and Ryan every morning! What does this have to do with Riverdale? Kelly's husband, Mark Consuelos, is on Riverdale. Therefore, they talk about the show frequently. I also knew Cole Sprouse was in it, and I grew up a Disney kid, so last winter I decided to see what Riverdale was all about. After the first episode, I was hooked! I don't think it has anything to do with the plot of Archie Comics, but the characters are based off of them. I'm currently heartbroken over the passing of Luke Perry.

4. One Tree Hill -- I got several girls on my dorm floor hooked on this show in college. I started watching it my Junior year of high school. I was spending the night with a friend and it was in the middle of season 5. As she explained the plot during the episode, I knew I needed to find a way to watch the first four seasons (this was before Netflix!). My sister had a friend who had the seasons on DVD, and I'm pretty sure I managed to watch all of them in 2 weeks. Don't worry my grades did not suffer due to my binge watching of a teenage soap opera.

3. Boy Meets World -- Once again, I remember the first time I watched BMW in 2nd grade. I had a friend spending the night with me and she always watched it. I mostly remember the red leather couch in Eric, Jack, and Rachel's apartment. I also remember thinking it seemed a little scandalous that these 2 boys had a girl living with them. Nevertheless, ever since, I was hooked. Growing up I was a lot like Cory, and my friend Emily would have been my Shawn. Now that we're adults, I think I'm more like Shawn and she's more like Cory. At her wedding, I definitely could relate to how Shawn felt at Cory and Topanga's wedding. "Do you really like her [him]?!"

2. Friends -- Fun fact: my mom never let me watch Friends growing up. Although I think I just assumed she wouldn't. I would sneakily watch it late at night during the summer. One time when I was home from college, I discovered she had started watching it. Now we frequently watch it together on Nick at Nite. Even though I've seen most episodes a bajillion times, they still make me laugh out loud. I make a lot of references about my own life in regards to Friends, I appreciate that most people have watched the show so they get it when I make a Friends reference. Like Rachel wondering who FICA is and why he's getting all her money, Phoebe's crazy running, Joey's incorrect usage of a thesaurus and poor reverberation of French. Thank you, Netflix, for not taking this off like you planned!

1. Gilmore Girls -- This shouldn't surprise anyone who has been following my blog! My vacation last summer half revolved around going to the town in Connecticut that inspired the show. My love for coffee mirrors Lorelai's need to have it in an IV. Although I think personality wise I'm a lot more like Rory. My college friends used to tell me they could see me answering to a boy telling me he loved me like she did. She told him thank you. I wish I was as quick witted as any of the characters in the show. Lastly, #TeamLogan

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about watching Riverdale, but I'm not quite convinced! I've heard it is good, but I need someone to give me a little push!! lol

    ReplyDelete