Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Got Me Going Crazy

Last year I made a list of random facts about myself that people might not know, because contrary to popular belief there is more to me than being an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan! So here's 10 more facts. We'll see if I can make it through without mentioning my love for baseball...
No photo description available.
I'm near the center getting ready to flip backwards.
1. I was a cheerleader for 6 years. I almost didn't tryout at the end of 6th grade, because I got scared. But my mom told me she thought I would regret not giving it a try. Mother always knows best! My cheerleading squad made it to Nationals in high school. We didn't make it out of prelims, BUT we got to spend a week at Disney World while the rest of our classmates spent a week at school in the middle of a snowy February.

2. I'm still in love with the Jonas Brothers. The reuniting of the brothers paranoid me, but Sucker has got me going crazy. And hello beautiful, Nick, he will always have my high school heart burnin' up.

3. I have a scar under my bottom lip. When I was 2, I liked to climb on a little wooden rocking chair in my room. Apparently my mom always told me not to, but what adventurous 2 year old listens to their mom? I fell off, bit through my lip, and now I have a faint scar that no one notices. (I also continued to climb on that rocking chair)

Image may contain: Caitlin Bever, standing, mountain, sky, outdoor and nature4. I don't like heights. (Ironic considering my younger climbing escapades) However, I refuse to admit to having a fear of heights. I'm stubborn, so when presented the opportunity to climb I do. It was the most gratifying feeling and breathtaking view, looking over the top of a mountain in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. 

5. I own every season of Smallville. I started watching it in Jr. High when it came on ABC Family. I was hooked from the pilot. Aaaand, Tom Welling wasn't too shabby to watch every week. Neither was the Green Lantern when they added his character. Lucky for me, Justin Hartley has returned to me weekly as Kevin on This is Us.

6. I don't like The Office or Parks and Rec. I know, I know. I've tried. That kind of humor just isn't my cup of tea. Please, don't try to make me like either, that'll only heighten my stubbornness and refusal to watch them even more.

7. I usually know when I get a new freckle. My podmates tease me about it, because I have a lot of freckles. I myself am not sure how I am aware when I get a new one, but I typically am.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky and outdoor
8. I play the flute and piano. I was in band for 7 years and marched in the front row all 4 years of high school. My piano skills are weak, but I can still play by heart: Beauty and the Beast, Addam's Family Theme Song, and What Child is This.

9. I hate Science. Hate might be a strong word... I like agriculture and took 6 credit hours of Ag. Science in high school. "Normal" Science I only took for 2 years. In college, I took Biology online to avoid it face-to-face as much as possible.

10. I will travel to the United Kingdom and New Zealand someday. This summer I'm going to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to work at an orphanage. However, U.K. and New Zealand would just be for my pleasure. My mom and dad lived in England for 2 years, so I grew up hearing stories. In New Zealand, I want to go to the Shire. Which gives you a bonus fact, I love The Hobbit and LOTR, both the books and movies.

2 comments:

  1. I always wanted to watch Smallville. I had not made the connection with Kevin. I do not like either of the 2 shows in 7 either, and I constantly feel out of the loop. I also play the flute and the piano and add to my list a snare drum as well.

    We share lots of commonalities, and yet I appreciate our differences. You are a one of a kind, and I am so happy to get to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to hear more about this trip to the Congo. I've always thought it would be awesome to visit there. I love Kevin in This is Us too! I don't like The Office or Parks and Rec and I have a scar in my eyelid and eyebrow. I can play the piano, bass clarinet, baritone saxophone, tenor saxophone and the guitar on Guitar Hero! I love learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete