Sunday, March 10, 2019

Bitten by the Travel Bug

I am a small town girl. I grew up in a town of 4,800 people. Actually, I grew up 6 miles outside of town in the middle of nowhere. My heart will always belong in a small town. However, I love to travel.

Big cities are exciting to me; I enjoy trying to navigate my way through the chaos and bright lights. I like just being another face in the crowd. I also love the mountains, canyons, oceans, really any part of nature. The distinct beauty of each reminds me of how much God must care for each one of us if He so intricately planned creating the Universe.

Favorite Trips I've Taken:

  1. Hong Kong and Mongolia
  2. Cooperstown, NY, Boston and Salem, Mass., New Haven and Washington Depot, CT
  3. Indianapolis and Chicago
  4. Washington D.C.
  5. New York City
  6. South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado (twice)
  7. Omaha, Nebraska (College World Series)
  8. Florida (Disney World)
  9. Waco, Texas (Magnolia Silos)
  10. Holland, Michigan
All in all, I've been to 31 states and 2 countries. (I wish layovers counted, then it would be 35 States and 4 countries!) I've taken somewhere around 28 flights all since I was 16. Growing up my family vacationed every summer, but we always road tripped. By the end of this year, counting layovers, I'll have added 2 new states, 4 countries, 2 continents, and 10 more flights to my list. 

I hope I eventually make it to all 50 states, even the few that seem really boring (sorry, North Dakota and New Hampshire!) just to say I've been to all 50. I would also love to check off 6 of the 7 continents. (I'm not sorry, Antarctica!) 

I'm not sure when I was first bitten by the travel bug, but I certainly have been. Even if it's just a quick weekend trip to a nearby city (usually St. Louis) or surrounding State, I thoroughly enjoy any trip I get to take.

Where are some favorite places you have visited? Where are your dream locations?

2 comments:

  1. You are so traveled! How exciting! I wish I was this traveled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up I always wanted to go to Australia, but recently I've learned that New Zealand is a far more beautiful place to visit. Australia has always been my dream place though, but as I learn about new places and all they have to offer, my dream locations have expanded. I have now included Alaska, the Florida Keys, Havasu Falls in Arizona, Oregon Vortex, Alcatraz, and Niagara Falls to name a few!

    ReplyDelete