Saturday, March 23, 2019

Boise to Seattle to Kansas City

Today’s blog is late, for me, because yesterday I read a book. I know for a lot of people, especially teachers, that’s no big deal. However, for me saying I read a book, a whole book in one day, it’s a very big deal.

Yesterday I flew home from Boise. I had a 1.5 hours flight from Boise to Seattle, an hour layover, and a 3.5 hour (I think, time changes lose me) flight to Kansas City.

I actually prefer reading on flights compared to watching in-flight movies or playing games on my iPad. Yesterday I also discovered airplane WiFi now gives you to option to turn on messaging services. I quickly turned that off, because my phone started dinging like crazy and I like disconnecting completely while I’m flying. It’s peaceful.

Normally I take the time to write my next day’s blog while I’m flying home. But that afternoon in Boise Airport I had started reading Took by Mary Downing Hahn and I knew if I read the whole time I could finish it. When we landed in KC, I was just short of finishing. However, my parents pick me up from the airport, so I was able to finish the last chapter on the drive home.

I know for most people this would not be a feeling of accomplishment. But being a person who doesn’t love to read, I was, and am, quite proud of myself!

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed, I really am because I know what you told me last year when I asked you to read a book for me!!! Way to go! You will never guess who I visited with at lunch yesterday??!!! Mary Downing Hahn! We talked about her three Mark Twain awards and how I was excited to have her at MASL again that I hadn't seen her since she was awarded the Mark Twain for Old Willis Place. She was the sweetest, kindest lady and I asked her to enjoy her lunch and I looked forward to listening to her speak at our workshop! Amber has a picture taken with her. I didn't have books with me this year. I don't know what my problem was, but I didn't get any of them signed. I did have a nasty headache though so that must have been my problem! Yes, that was it. Once again, I'm proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete